I’ve been in the IT industry since 1996, when I started in an entry level technical position at a private collections firm. As someone that had no focus or understanding on his future, this laid the foundation for my career. After one year, I moved onto another company and enjoyed 13 years of growth, moving from front line end-user support to performing back-end server support. During the entire time, I never forgot my roots servicing the office employee, as they are the ones that allow me to do my job.
As the economic downturn of the 2000s started to improve, I migrated into full time consulting, focusing on the end user experience. It’s something that I have enjoyed as it allows me to assist customers in making their workplace more efficient.
But as time went on, I realized that sharing my knowledge was also important. It’s a trait that I get from my wife, who has been a school teacher in the Forsyth County since 2002. Many of her students from her first years of teaching are now in their 20s, starting families of their own and starting their careers. Even our two kids have found opportunities to share their own personal knowledge to others.
It is my hope that this blog helps the novice, intermediate, and expert professionals alike. It is my belief that no matter what category we fall into, there is always something to learn.
Microsoft Certification Milestones:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft® Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert: Private Cloud
- Microsoft® Certified Technology Specialist: Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager